June 29, 2012
Cobalt blue Dress: Marshalls
Coral and Gold braided Necklace: TJ Max
Neon Envelope Purse: Steve Madden
Orange Wedges: Target
Watch: Michael Kors Horn
Lipstick: Mac - Girl about town
Leilanis outfit details
1950's Polkadot Wiggle Dress: Vendor (?) at The Vintage Bazaar
1960s Pillbox style hat (?)
These were taken last Saturday before Play! A Fashion Show Fundraiser that Zzouzi Vintage & Hats was participating in. Leilani was contacted to be one of the official photographers and press for the event. These lovely photographs are obviously from her. The event was held downtown in someones high rise apartment that had an amazing roof top where the show was actually held. It's always great to be in a high rise instead of just looking at them. It gives you a totally new perspective on the city.
Posted at 8:14 AM
June 28, 2012
1. A photograph from 2009 trip to Morocco
2. Ismail & the view from the Hancock Tower
3. Ismail & Me
4. Emporium Bar - A bar/old fashion arcade
5. Two models wearing Zzouzi Vintage & Handmade during our dress rehearsal for a fashion show this weekend
6. My outfit during the fashion show
7. Leilani in her cute 50's wiggle dress and pillbox hat
8. Two more models during the show
9. My natural hair
10. A Christian Dior cat brooch I thrifted
11. An angry Lena after his bath
12. Day off in the Sunshine!
13. 1950's Cocktail dress - thrifted yesterday!
14. Homemade Pineapple Cocoanut Cupcake
Well, it's late again! I have Wednesdays off so its been harder for me to sit down and write a blog post. I spend most of my Wednesdays cleaning or thrifting. This summer has been great so far though! Every weekend has been full of different events which has kept me on my toes.
Posted at 11:37 AM
June 25, 2012
Polkadot Culottes: Target
Studded Sandals: Jessica Simpson via Marshalls
Michael Kors Horn Watch
Earrings & Bracelet: Mr & Mrs DIGZ
Purse: Kate Spade (gift)
Lipstick: Mac - Girl About Town
Extreme Cat-eye Sunglasses: Target
Oh! Zzouzi Vintage is sponsoring a giveaway on Rachel Emma's Blog Daydream Frenzy. Make sure you sign up for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate!! :)
Posted at 3:34 PM
June 18, 2012
Step 1 - Pull hair off to the side. Separate it into two sections
Step 2 - Pick a small back piece from the left side of the left section, pull it over the left section and tuck it in under the right section.
Step 3 - Take a small right back piece of the right section and pull it over the right section and tuck it in under the left section.
repeat until finished.
It helps a lot to flatten out your hair so you're able to get the left most section and the right most section.
Here's a good illustrated example
I really love the look of it. Your hair looks a lot longer than with a regular braid and I just love the texture of it. The braid has definitely become my summer go-to look!
Posted at 12:03 PM
June 14, 2012
1. Last Friday's outfit: 80's nautical shirt, target shorts, gold and orange accessories
2. Kyla of Lost & Find at the Etsy Fair during Ribfest
3. Zzouzi Vintage's tent at The Vintage Bazaar
4. Leilani, me, and Kyla at the Etsy Fair
5. The inside of my tent at TVB
6. 7. 8. CONAN! Conan came to Chicago and Kawtar and I were lucky enough to get to see him! We also got picks from Jimmy Vivino and the Basic Cable Band.
9. This is Zavier - He is 3 months old! He's the baby I nanny now :)
10. Greek yogurt, glueberries, cashew granola clusters & maple syrup and a cup of coffee - Breakfast
11. Yellow cow creamer from Target turned into a vase (They have them on sale for $3)
12. My clean apartment. Always must be documented because its so rare.
13. The new chalkboard I made for the kitchen!
Again! Sorry this is late but yesterday I actually had a day off and I spent it cleaning my entire apartment. Nothing like spending $80 on cleaning supplies to get you motivated (okay, I also bought new sheets). The new jobs been going well! Zavier is beyond adorable and is such a happy baby, I'm so thankful to be working with him. The new family is great too. This last week was crraaazy again. I had two sales in one weekend! I survived though. The Vintage Garage is this weekend - stop by and say hi!
Posted at 2:10 PM
June 11, 2012
Emerald Pleated Skirt: Forever21 (shortened)
Gingham Shirt: Ralph Lauren - Thrifted
Leopard Print Sandals: Target
Watch: Michael Kors Horn
Purse: Kate Spade (gift)
These photos were taken (mostly) by Leilani at Andersonville's Midsummer fest. We had brunch at an Andersonville Swedish favorite: Svea and it was delicious! I had Swedish pancakes while Leilani had a more traditional eggs, Swedish sausage, and a single pancake. We also split a plate of potato pancakes. Afterwards I couldn't resist grabbing a summery piano colada while we walked around the festival enjoying different booths and music.
Sorry for the lack of updates recently. This weekend was completely crazy and I started my new job today.
Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!
Posted at 9:31 PM